Friday, September 3, 2010

EOC Week 8: Legal Questions

1. If my child was having a bad day and giving me a hard time and spanked him in public what would be the consequences as a parent?

2. What are your rights when an officer makes a traffic stop and requests a vehicle search when there are no probable cause or signs that you are doing anything wrong?

3. If I was to go into a Wal-Mart with $100 cash in my wallet and ended up shoplifting something, how would they treat the case if it was not my intent to steal to begin with?

4. I sell on eBay and there are buyers who make purchases and switch good parts for bad parts and claim that the item I sent them was DOA or NON FUNCTIONAL, what can happen to these buyers if they are caught or I have proof that the parts were swapped?

5. If someone stole my idea and I have all the digital media to prove it was my work, is this a possible case in court? Can I sue the company my stolen work was sold to?

6. A minor child was killed at the hands of the child’s mother. Child Protective Services were sent to the home several times prior to the child’s death to report child abuse against the now deceased victim. Would the father be able to sue child protective services for neglect to prevent this from happening and what would be his chance of winning the case?

7. If I create a fashion design and displayed it at a trade show , and someone took that design and sold it as their own, can I sue that party and what are my chances of recovering my design?

8. If I made a logo that had a had a trademark to one of the letters and another marketing company used that letter exactly how it is displayed/designed but used the letter in a logo but did not have the same complete logo then what could happen if I take legal action.

9. Can packaging look exactly the same as other products on a retail shelf (ex. Medicine products Color, Shape, Look). **EXCLUDES the name.

10. Can you sue a company that advertises a commercial which sells a product that has a disclaimer at the bottom but don’t give you enough time to read the disclaimer and it ends up affecting your life or puts you in burden?

No comments:

Post a Comment