Thursday, September 16, 2010

Final Project: Legal Authority How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.

Choosing a lawyer for any type of outside project, internship or some type of classwork or project is NOT the easiest task for educational purposes. I tried about 15-20 local lawyers of different fields and they sure are very hard to get a hold of. First of all, its tough enough to get past the receptionist and you have to have some real good story to why you want to talk to the lawyer. You have to almost make it seem like you have a possible case in hand! Out of the approximate 20 attorneys I contacted, I was able to talk to two of them and they said they did not have the time to help me because they were just really crammed with work. So I decided to call friends to see if they knew someone who could help me and even contacted family. It turns out one of my long lost cousins who I barely speak to was a lawyer. He told me he graduated for Cooley Law School in Michigan and ended up in Las vegas. It was really hard to interview him over the phone because his time was very valuable so I ended up emailing him my legal issues and he emailed back with answers and of course he gave me 30 mins of his valuable time and we talked about the legal issues and it was very interesting to see how he responded since his expertise is tax law. This was a great choice because he truly helped me out and now I know I have family who can help me out incase if I am in trouble with my career or personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment