Thursday, September 16, 2010

Final Project: Explain why these are of interest to you. What specific concepts and terms were involved – in other words, what are the legal issues?

There are a lot of legal issues that are a big interest in my life, my career and my personal life. Since we had to choose legal issues that pertain to our career, I went ahead and followed the prompt and chose legal issues that deal specifically with intellectual property and how trademarks, patents and copyrights can protect our rights to our designs and our ideas. I asked questions like it is possible to sue the company for use of digital media? I also asked questions like, can I sue a party and what are my chances of recovering my design. Some trademark issues I had in question were if I made a logo that had a trademark to one of the letters and another marketing company used that letter exactly how it is displayed/designed but used the letter in a logo but did not have the same complete logo then what could happen if I take legal action. I also brought up legal issue where companies that advertise a television commercial which sells a product that has a disclaimer at the bottom but doesn’t give you enough time to read the disclaimer and it ends up affecting your life and puts you in burden. I also asked copyright/trademark issues like can packaging look exactly the same as other products on a retail shelf with example of medicine. And lastly I asked a question that dealt with my logo, if I didn’t copyright a creation of mine and someone from my design team take it, can I take legal action.

No comments:

Post a Comment